Thursday, March 26, 2009

self portrait.


This was done as a cathartic piece, but also as fulfillment for another assignment for Wiseman. This one had to be with different hand gestures.

I got the assignment mere days after I got the news that my uncle Randy had passed away from a heart attack, and I finished it the day after I flew back from his funeral. All in all it was a really fucked up experience, but a good one for inspiration in my art nonetheless.

Looking back on it now, the piece really still serves as pretty evocative in terms of how I still feel when I look at it.

My only regret is that my roommate at the time dropped her bike on it one day, leaving the smudge mark on the forehead, which I couldn't erase or effectively cover up with more colored pencil.

No comments:

Post a Comment