Sunday, May 3, 2009

I find myself almost creepily enjoying the time of year right before finals.
The time is frustrating, time consuming, and exhausting, yet I feel so incredibly rewarded by all of my hard work. The knowledge that I am pretty severely busting my ass and working into the wee hours of almost every night makes me feel somehow accomplished.
All of my friends and I talk about the time spent in the studio, complaining about the hours upon hours which we could've spent sleeping, but also kind of using the hours as bragging rights.
You know why I'm badass? This week I've had one meal a day consisting of either salad, soup, or peanut butter and honey sammiches (yes, sammiches). I have either completed or fine tuned 10 projects. I have worked part time at my infuriatingly dull retail job. And I have gotten between 2 to 4 hours of sleep every night. Sure I feel a little bit like I'm going to die. But I also feel pretty damned hard core.

The saddest and most precious thing of all, though, is that ten years from now, when I look back on these days and sleepless nights, I will smile to myself and think what a great time I had.

I'm going to miss Bamcat throwing things because she's so tired, and Alex and I laughing our asses off at it because we're tired too.
I'll miss talking to Adam about our violent delinquent pasts.
I'll miss making fun of people with Luc.
I'll miss the freaking potluck dinners with almost nothing but carbs.
Jesus, I'll even miss falling asleep on the uncomfortable flame resistant furniture.
But mostly I'll miss the sense of comfort that everyone is going through the exact same thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment