Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Junior Reviews!

So, reviews went pretty well this semester. Got all of the commentary that I expected to get, and have been ordered to work on my color. The wall looked pretty nice to me, though, I felt I represented the way that I work pretty well... and I apparently enjoy drawing hearts a lot. I also like scratch board and circular compositions. Yaaay.

Been working on this one for a while and it's still a work in progress. I thought it would be a good idea to put it up, as its one of the largest pieces I've done in a long time. About 3.5 feet by 5 feet. Bob Maloney gave me some good feedback on it, and by his suggestion I'm going to try to make it as detailed as is humanly possible. All in all I really like it.


Though this one was probably the most daunting task that I gave myself for the semester, it was also the most rewarding and the most fun. I absolutely love working in scratch board, so I had a lot of fun just doing this (hand cramp and all). Basically I planned out a concert that would be the best thing to ever happen to me, i.e. Ben Folds and Damon Gough (better known as Badly Drawn Boy) collaborating in concert. Both of them have incredibly heart felt lyrics, passion, and absolutely charming geekiness to them. It would definitely be a dream concert... too bad it will only ever happen in my brain... oh well.


This was from one of our open drawing sessions from this year, run by the lovely Mister Reusch. Probably one of the best models we had all year in terms of her poses, her ability to hold them, and her attention to our directions. I got a few good portraits of her, so that made me happy.


Another pose of the same model.


What artist doesn't like doing self portraits. I considered using this one for a different project, but felt that it worked relatively well as a stand alone. I liked the composition too. I also really really like my Indiana Jones-esque scar on my chin, if you've seen any other self portraits I've done, you already know this.

Hm, I look a bit trashed in this picture. Hilarious.

Annd that's it for my Junior year. All of it ended off with seeing my man's final improv show (which was awesome), grabbing burgers with my friends, enjoying a nice cold beer, and celebrating my boyfriend's new job.

Thank God that it's over, I'm ready to go home and hang out with my mom.

Life couldn't be better.

No comments:

Post a Comment